RE: [ietf-dkim] ISSUE: Rename SSP to ASP

2008-02-12 15:18:48
Eliot Lear agreed:

Jim Fenton wrote:
Dave Crocker wrote:
 [ . . . ]
The name should be changed to Author Signing Practices (ASP).
 +1, but given that we have a WG draft called SSP and an individual
draft called ASP which, I understand, is also under active revision I
would not support this until the name change would not introduce
confusion, i.e., when there is not active discussion about a draft of
the same name as we would use.

-Jim

+1.

+1

Since they're so similar, I'd think that changing the name as part of a
continued consensus-based[1] merger process might help to reduce that
confusion.

[1] (except for two extremely vocal particpants)