Re: [ietf-dkim] ISSUE: Rename SSP to ASP

2008-02-12 21:19:31
But author might also have somewhat loaded semantics. Are we looking
for something like 'originator'.

Section 3.6.2 of RFC 2822 defines the Author(s) as the address(es) in
the From: line.  The same section is surprisingly vague about the
definition of sender; sometimes it's the address on the Sender: line,
sometimes it's the abstract entity responsible for dispatching the
message.  Originator is any or all of Sender:, From:, and Reply-To:.

Assuming we agree that SSP/ASP keys off the address(es) in the From:
line, and we want to avoid inventing yet more terminology, Author is
the best term of art we have.

R's,
John