Re: [ietf-dkim] NEW ISSUE: Security Threat: Unexpected Third PartySenders

2008-02-13 07:10:56
John Levine wrote:
That's not quite what we had in mind.  As I see it, 3rd party signing
is only acceptable when the domain owner wants to permit it --

It would be possible to design a system in which domain A says that it
endorses domain B's signature on mail with an author address at A, but
if you dig through the list archives, you'll find that we rejected
that expansion of SSP quite a while ago.

  Indeed, it was issue tracked, consensus called and documented in
  RFC5016. This is a very dead horse.

                Mike