Re: [ietf-dkim] sender-auth-header

2008-03-18 01:33:54
Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

DKIM itself doesn't have a "policy" result, but that doesn't
mean a filter or MTA is forbidden from deciding things like
"although this message is signed, I don't like the signature
so I'm going to discount its value".

Yes, and I have no problem with this.  Likewise receivers are
free to use what is known as "best guess" in SPF (a/24 mx/24),
or similar tricks like mapping NEUTRAL to SOFTFAIL depending
on the domain.

Your draft does not permit to confuse best guesses and tricks
with genuine results for other techniques, that is good.  For
DKIM + DK I pointed it out, it is up to you (collective you)
what to do.  If you think it is okay to note receiver "policy"
as DKIM or DK go for it.

Admittedly it makes me nervous to see *seven* DKIM results in
2.4.1, and *nine* ADSP results in 2.4.2.  I hoped that *six*
SPF results are an all-time record in missing KISS.  <sigh />

 Frank