Re: [ietf-dkim] Issue 1550 - the name of the document (remains open *briefly*); there's still,disagreement on "Author"

2008-03-18 08:47:49
There was supposed to be a poll, can we please start
that now ?  Or roll a dice for ASP, ADSP, SPAD.

<chair>
You'll recall, perhaps, that Stephen said we'd discuss it until the 19th
  (that's tomorrow), and then take a poll.  So far, from the discussion,
I see overwhelming support for "ADSP" (and I'm soooo saaaaad that you
folks didn't eat up my "FroDo" idea (which DC and I both claim, so we
can have a pub fight in Dublin about that)).
</chair>

<chair>
To Mike Thomas's concern: I'm sympathetic to the desire not to "keep"
changing it, and I note that the proposal is that if we decide to change
it, it will be the last change.
</chair>

<participant>
We should consider, in our last day before the poll, whether to
de-couple the DNS name from the document name.  Perhaps a final change
of the DNS name to, say, _SigningPractice would be suitable, and that
would insulate us from any changes to the document.
</participant>

<chair>
During the discussion of Mike's concern, there were a few messages that
were unnecessarily combative (on both sides of the discussion).  It's my
declaration that that has stopped now.  It's my hope that that won't
happen again.  I don't have time to watch this mailing list on a
minute-to-minute basis, but I will get back to you if I see that sort of
thing cropping up again.  We remain polite and respectful here.  We WILL
start pursuing process-related remedies if things get nasty.  Please do
remain respectful -- we all have a lot of work to do, and we all get a
bit chafed sometimes.
</chair>

Poll starts tomorrow.

Barry