Re: [ietf-dkim] Issue 1550 - the name of the document (remains open *briefly*); there's still,disagreement on "Author"

2008-03-12 14:02:35
Eric Allman wrote:
I don't see your acknowledgement as being an acknowledgement of the
topic that Mike was talking about.  When you break existing
implementations, even those implementations are of a draft version,
you do create problems for the people who are volunteering to live on
the bleeding edge --- and tend to be the best people to give you
practical feedback.  There should be a good reason for this.  Perhaps
we have a good reason here, perhaps not.  But I heard you say on
Monday that implementations of drafts should not be a consideration
on how to proceed.  I disagree --- it should be a consideration.  Not
as big a consideration as Mike believes, perhaps, but a consideration
none the less.

I'm only asking for it to be *a* consideration. I'm pretty convinced
the people debating these name changes were clueless about the
interoperability implications and that this isn't _just_ an
editorial change. Did that really require a debating team response
that I need to back up my assertions and document each and every
developer who's contacted me? It's just a simple fact. Sheesh.

                Mike, and no i'm not going to name names as I
                 don't know if that's ok with them