Re: [ietf-dkim] New Issue: "Mediator" used before defined in overview doc

2008-03-18 21:11:27
We are caught in a continuing bind, in that the email-arch document has not yet
been published.  That's where pedagogy about Mediators is considered somewhat
extensively.  The doc is progressing, albeit glacially.  (My fault.)

So, this is another example of trying to limit how much pedagogy about email or
security basics is discussed in the Overview, instead trying to focus on the
DKIM-specifics.

d/

J D Falk wrote:
Current text in 5.6:

   A Mediator, such as a mailing list, often can re-post a message
   without breaking the DKIM signature.  Furthermore it can add its own
   signature.  This can be added by the Mediator software itself, or by
   any outbound component in the Mediator's ADMD.

It sounds like there are other Mediators, but they aren't listed -- so I
think this section could benefit from clarification of the term, similar
to other sections which introduce new terms (I do see that it's defined
later on, in the appendix.)

--
J.D. Falk
Receiver Products