Re: [ietf-dkim] Are subdomains like parent domains?

2008-04-29 14:53:12
Al wrote:

So, a potential way to address this without any sort of "tree walking"
functionality would be:
- As a sender, publish ADSP records for all domains/zones/fqdns you
know about

Yep.

- Recommend that receivers reject mail from non-existing FQDNs used in
PRA or MFROM (or somesuch).

I'd put that in the category of "things we all know we should be doing,
even though some are slacking on it."

This seems workable. Others who prefer treewalking functionality, why
does this not work for you? Where does this specifically fall down?

Like I said earlier in the conversation, there are a lot of cases where
treewalking would be inappropriate and/or confusing.  I think these
would be the norm, rather than the exception.

--
J.D. Falk
Receiver Products

work with me!