Re: [ietf-dkim] Are lookalike domains like parent domains?

2008-04-30 12:30:03
On 4/30/08, Steve Atkins <steve(_at_)blighty(_dot_)com> wrote:

It's been pointed out to me that I've confused this "treewalking"
discussion by forgetting that this thread is not discussing the
NXDOMAIN
issue.  I have done this and I'm sorry about that.  I view the
NXDOMAIN
check as essential since it is impossible for domain administrators to
deploy ADSP records for sub-domains that do not exist.

If the goals of ADSP are what I'm guessing they are, +1.

Could you all help me to understand this point in more detail. Define
the NXDOMAIN issue for me, and how it relates to receiver filtering
decisions. Examples welcome. (I have some idea of what I think this
means, but I'd like to see it clarified to better understand it.)

Best regards,
Al Iverson
Somewhere on I-65 in Indiana
--