Re: [ietf-dkim] Are lookalike domains like parent domains?

2008-04-30 06:41:41
Assume, say, one million people who regularly receive valid emails
from their bank (info(_at_)accounts(_dot_)bigbank(_dot_)com). If they
received an email
from info(_at_)mail(_dot_)account(_dot_)bigbank(_dot_)com, how many of them
would believe the
email is really from the bank?

Well, now we have another question -- who's going to be using ADSP, mail
system operators or end users?  It's always been my impression that the
main audience is MTA operators, who will use it in filtering decisions.

If it's for end users, my experience says that they are equally likely to
be fooled by info(_at_)accounts-bigbank(_dot_)com, which would suggest we've
been
wasting our time.

R's,
John

PS: You don't have to tell me that this is not a new argument.  But it's
evidently not one we've resolved.