Re: [ietf-dkim] end-users vs filtering engines

2008-05-01 14:34:31

On May 1, 2008, at 2:06 PM, Wietse Venema wrote:

MH Michael Hammer (5304):
Focusing on subdomains, I believe it may be useful for both senders
and
checking receivers if a domain were to be able to assert whether it's
policy applies to all of it's subdomains. Given that we don't know
how
receivers or reputation services might utilize such an assertion, I
would avoid must or should for a check at this stage.

How would a receiver discover the top-level domain given example.com,
example.ac.uk, example.org.au, etc.?

The same way they do for example.uk.com or example.dyndns.org.

Cheers,
   Steve