Re: [ietf-dkim] requirement for one ADSP record per DNS entry makes ADSP undeployable

2008-05-27 05:27:25
Frank Ellermann wrote:
Eliot Lear wrote:

an author domain administrator cannot adequately or easily express
the simple notion that only certain hosts are authorized to send
from a domain.  We have thus missed the mark on what we are doing.

IMO "we" (TINW) are *not* reinventing SPF (or PRA a.k.a. Sender ID).

The admin knows which domains are used for mail, in your example of
a non-trivial organization these domains have MX records.  Just add
_adsp._domainkey.example.com for each example.com with an MX record.

The problem is when there are hundreds or thousands of hosts beneath
example.com.  How many commercial DNS management systems can handle that
from a provisioning point of view?

Eliot