Re: [ietf-dkim] Discussion of Consensus check: Domain Existence Check

2008-06-04 11:34:40
On 04/06/2008 08:02, "John Levine" <johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com> wrote:

What I should have said was that recipients MUST do the NXDOMAIN check
and SHOULD do the more comprehensive 2821 check.  It's SHOULD since it
is my impression that many MTAs do it anyway, so there's no incremental
cost.

This gives senders a baseline that they know receivers will do, and if
the receivers are more sceptical, that doesn't hurt the senders.

+1