Re: [ietf-dkim] Fwd: Re: Discussion of Consensus check: Domain Existence Check

2008-06-20 05:21:23

Charles Lindsey wrote:
On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 22:09:58 +0100, Douglas Otis
<dotis(_at_)mail-abuse(_dot_)org>
wrote:

On Jun 18, 2008, at 2:43 AM, Charles Lindsey wrote:

With urgency being expressed by the chairs, it does not appear there
is time to resolve which non-DNS domains should or should not be
ignored.  Clearly this is work independent of ADSP anyway.

I would suggest all that is needed in the present draft is a statement
that the existence check MAY be omitted in the case of TLDs that are known
not to exist in the global DNS system,

I guess I'm not seeing any support for this, so if folks do want to
include it,  then they ought say so. Otherwise, I think this thread
should be done,
Thanks,
Stephen.