Re: [ietf-dkim] Escaping things in key/ADSP records

2008-10-30 10:08:47
Is there any chance that this is an OS inspired edit? Perhaps the web
front end has a built in escape clause

It is certainly the kind of bug that occurs in PHP scripts when the
programmer doesn't perfectly understand the quoting rules.  It\'s happened
to me.

R's,
John

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Olivier MJ
Crepin-Leblond
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2008 4:22 AM
To: John Levine; ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
Cc: msk(_at_)sendmail(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] Escaping things in key/ADSP records

+1

Many ISPs do not input records directly into the zone files. Their front
end is often a
web-based interface and get pre-processed by a system checking validity
before being
updated in the zone file automatically using script(s).
My ISP (as in, I am a client of theirs), one of the largest in the US,
had to migrate my
domain to their new nameservers because the legacy ones could not cope
with the ; and the
underscore (_). Thankfully I took this up with them early enough for the
new nameservers
to have a front end allowing those characters, but it looks like they've
used the
backslash...