Re: [ietf-dkim] [Fwd: I-D Action:draft-hoffman-dac-vbr-04.txt]

2008-12-30 13:57:51

Jim Fenton wrote:
Well, it is explicitly out of scope for the working group, and if

Jim, the wg is winding down.  I believe the only pending work is the Deployment
document.

It is common to have wg mailing lists persist beyond the life and scope of the
wg charter, to discuss work done by the wg, of course, but also for discussing
related activities.

ASRG lists, perhaps?

That's a research group.  This is about a specification intending
standardization.

We've just seen that an RG list isn't a very good venue for standards
discussions.

Were the DKIM wg in the midst of active development, no I would not suggest it
as a venue for reviewing VBR.  Given the relatively quiescent state of the
list,
I don't think we need to worry that much about scope or focus confusion.

d/
--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking