Re: [ietf-dkim] Next steps for draft-ietf-dkim-ssp

2008-12-30 13:48:59
It's when the signature matches the From: address.  Shouldn't be too
hard to say it again.

Wouldn't the better (correct) way to state this be:

It's when the signing domain (d=) and signature matches the From:
address domain.

That's what I think, but the current draft has the i= override the d= so
if the From: is a(_at_)b(_dot_)com, the signature is d=b.com
i=z(_at_)b(_dot_)com, then as
currently spec'ed, that doesn't match.

I'd be happy to change it to say that the d= has to match if nobody else
has a strong objection.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet
for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://www.johnlevine.com, ex-Mayor
"More Wiener schnitzel, please", said Tom, revealingly.