Re: [ietf-dkim] Next steps for draft-ietf-dkim-ssp

2008-12-31 09:16:59
That would be fine with me, but what it says now is that the i= MUST match
the From: address.  As I've said a few times, that's clearly wrong, but I
got shouted down in the past when I tried to change it.

Without getting into the merits of the argument (and I don't think we
should do all that again), the document does currently reflect the
WG's rough consensus so let's keep this to adding clarifications as
Pasi requested and not try re-open issues now after the end of IETF
LC.

Since I don't understand what the people who want to use i= think it's
supposed to do, I'll defer to the other authors and them them fix it this
time around.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet
for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://www.johnlevine.com, ex-Mayor
"More Wiener schnitzel, please", said Tom, revealingly.