Re: [ietf-dkim] draft Errata on RFC 4871

2009-01-26 14:23:47
On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 09:47:31AM -0800, Dave CROCKER wrote:

Michael Adkins wrote:
A question regarding the notes in 10 and 11:

Would it make more sense to suggest that the mail system make the UAID
clear to the reader if its the identity whose reputation was used to
deliver the message, and make the SDID clear to the reader otherwise?

Simple question:  why?

Complex question:  What is the empirical basis for believing that any user
interface design recommendations that we make will have any utility to the
end-user?  Experience with usability design demonstrates a key constant:  it
is
almost impossible to ensure user interface utility in the absence of empirical
data.

That all depends on who the reader is and what is meant by clear. :)

For me just putting that information in a header in which I could tell
Mutt to display works for me. :)

But for everyone else, viewing the source (or internet headers) is
always an option. I don't know if that qualifies as "clear to the
reader", but it is close enough for me.

--
Jeff Macdonald
jmacdonald(_at_)e-dialog(_dot_)com