Re: [ietf-dkim] draft Errata on RFC 4871

2009-01-29 15:51:58
On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 1:35 PM, Dave CROCKER <dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net>
wrote:

1. I can easily believe that the Errata text needs to be even more clear
about this string.  Submissions to improve it are eagerly sought...

I hear you. I wish I understood better, so I could contribute more usefully.

So the UAID is essentially a sender-created identifier used for
whatever purpose a sender wishes.

I think I am +1 fine with your errata. But I think from the
perspective of almost, "who cares...it's just a random sender-used
string." As an ESP, perhaps I would populate it with a client
identifier for my own purposes. But I'd be surprised if an ISP
actually cared/read the identifier.

Al

--
Al Iverson on Spam and Deliverability, see http://www.spamresource.com