Re: [ietf-dkim] New version - draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871-errata-01

2009-02-03 09:56:24

Eliot Lear wrote:
8. RFC4871 Section 2.11 Identity Assessor

Original Text:
    (None. Additional text.)
Corrected Text:
    The name of the module that consumes DKIM's primary payload, the
responsible Signing Domain Identifier (SDID). It can optionally
consume the User Agent Identifier (UAID) value, if provided to the
module. The conventions and semantics used by a signer to create and
use a specific SDID or UAID are outside the scope of the DKIM Signing
specification, as is any use of those conventions and semantics.

I don't understand what the last third sentence has to do with the other
two.  This looks like a cut and paste error.

The Identity Assessor consumes the identity information output by DKIM. I added
the text, here, to remind anyone reading the definition of the IA about a limit
to its interpretation of that data, within the scope of DKIM.

d/
--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking