Re: [ietf-dkim] New version - draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871-errata-01

2009-02-03 20:04:34
At 10:29 03-02-2009, Tony Hansen wrote:
Its utility is outside of DKIM. The DKIM base spec says the value is
opaque. Other specs can expose its structure.

According to informative note in RFC 4871, the Local-part of the "i="
tag is optional
because in some cases a signer may not be able to establish a
verified individual identity.  That means that it's the Local-part
which is opaque and not the
domain part of the address.