Re: [ietf-dkim] New version - draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871-errata-01

2009-02-05 13:07:01
Dave CROCKER wrote:

Sean Shen wrote:
I don't understand why use "and/or" here. Will eventually be an "and" or an
"or"? Using both  is confusing expecially when there is a "MUST" in this
sentense.

It's from the RFC, Section 6.3:

      "Once the signature has been verified, that information MUST be
conveyed
to higher-level systems (such as explicit allow/whitelists and reputation
systems) and/or to the end user."

The goal of the Errata has been only to fix the d=/i= issue and not attack
other
issues with the RFC.

d/

I believe these concern are right on target.  You indicated people are
confused, even knowledgeable ones.  Well, this is part of the
confusion with i=.

Before you can enforce a MUST, the d=/i= relationships and usage MUST
be well defined and understood by everyone - hopefully equally.

What do you mean by MUST?  That a DKIM implementation MUST also
implement a white list, reputation system, and if you don't, at the
very least MUST be presented to the user?  How is the MUST employed?

What do you mean by convey - processed by, filtered by a WhiteList ,
Reputation system, but displayed to the USER?

--
Sincerely

Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com