Re: [ietf-dkim] NO DKIM "POLICY"

2009-02-20 00:11:34
Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
On Fri, 20 Feb 2009, Franck Martin wrote:
Should we not query every time the DNS, to check that this domain will
sign every message as policy and that a non signed message is
therefore invalid?

You would then only query for a non-signed message, not every message.

In the case of the ebay announcement that all messages will have a
DKIM signature, how do you implement at the receiving MTA level this
verification?

Why is there a need if the message is signed and the signature validates?

I believe he is referring to the new fact "Ebay ALWAYS sign messages"
can be used as a RULE when they isn't one present:

     Mail purported from Ebay
        -> Has No Signature
           -> My internal MUST-SIGN-DOMAINS.TXT file say it MUST
               -> REJECT!

--
Sincerely

Hector Santos