Re: [ietf-dkim] Moving to consensus on draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871-errata

2009-03-10 17:27:11
I can do that, but it will probably take a few days.  But for
clarification, is the new terminology cast in stone?  I have a
particular problem with the term "User Agent Identifier (UAID)" because
it doesn't necessarily represent a user agent -- it could, for example,
represent a mailing list manager.  I greatly prefer the term "signing
identifier" (which replaces signing identity) because it covers the
range of use cases more completely.

I'd say it's a fair proposal, and we'll see where it goes.
What I meant was that, for example, it won't work to propose text
changes that roll back the terminology changes altogether.  Or
something like that.  A proposed change with a reason behind it gives
everyone something to work with and to decide, one way or t'other.

Barry