Re: [ietf-dkim] DKIMcore

2009-03-12 13:29:29

On Mar 11, 2009, at 2:48 PM, Franck Martin wrote:

http://dkimcore.org/dkimcore.pdf

I just stumbled on this document, this seems strange to me. What do
you think?

It's a work in progress to provide operational documentation for
typical senders who want to use DKIM, but for whom the dry
RFC-style specification isn't as helpful as a more HOWTO set
of docs.

There was some text around the intent of the document and
it's relationship to DKIM in the mail you received in confidence
prior to sharing it here, but that's not ready to go up publicly on
the website yet. Maybe next week.

(Part of the reason for the delay is that in the process of putting it
together I may have found what looks like a hole in the DKIM spec or,
more likely, some common implementations of it, and I want to
see whether that's so or not first).

I find that adding a hash on the body and putting it in the DKIM
record will certainly break the DKIM spec, as it stops mailing lists
to forward a DKIM email and add a footer to the email as the first
example that comes to mind.

Well, that's the DKIM signing algorithm, so if it's broken you should
take it up with the authors of 4871.

Cheers,
   Steve