Re: [ietf-dkim] (registered) domain name (Re: errata revision: opaque)

2009-03-27 07:41:58
well, now I'm completely confused.  to my eyes, your example fits
exactly what 'registered' and 'resolvable' mean, but I guess you
have something else in mind.

Steve is quite right.  Since the DKIM key records are at different
names from the related MX or A record, the existence of one doesn't
require or imply the existence of the other.

I don't want to hold up this errata/update/whatever any more than it
already is, so I'd suggest taking out any wording about the DNS status
of the SDID.

One of us should send in a separate technical erratum saying that DKIM
key records SHOULD be published only for SDID domains that have
corresponding MX or A records and can receive mail.

R's,
John