Re: [ietf-dkim] (registered) domain name (Re: errata revision: opaque)

2009-03-27 10:36:37
SM wrote:
Hi Hector,
At 23:22 26-03-2009, Hector Santos wrote:
Who is the document addressed to?  I must be the only one here that is
having trouble with the "new" lingo in communications.

The document is addressed to DKIM implementors.  The document can also
be used as a base for extensions built upon DKIM.

Well, before you can have DKIM implementators, they probably have
something to first with electronic mail, and at some point it all has
to revert back to layman terms (as we know it today) for customers to
enjoy.

The question I ask to myself is this:

Can someone successful implement DKIM using RFC 4871 without having to
resort to this errata?  Or does errata significant enough in fixing
the original functional specifications that makes it mandatory to have?

--
Sincerely

Hector Santos