Re: [ietf-dkim] Consensus point on ADSP

2009-03-30 18:48:35
John Levine wrote:

Informative Note:  ADSP is incompatible with DKIM signing by parent
domains described in section 3.8 of [RFC4871] in which a signer uses
"i=" to assert that a parent domain is signing for a subdomain.

That's not fine, since we've just gone around and agreed that the
signing identity is d=.  leave this paragraph out.

I'm not sure what you think we have agreed, but the current (-09) ADSP
specification has an informative note pointing out incompatibility of
that version of ADSP with "valid DKIM usage" that isn't explicitly
mentioned in RFC 4871.  Since RFC 4871 does, explicitly, mention this
mode of usage of DKIM we really do need this informative note.

Or, we could just go with the -09 language, which I would prefer anyway.

-Jim