Re: [ietf-dkim] Consensus point on ADSP

2009-03-30 19:08:52
Informative Note:  ADSP is incompatible with DKIM signing by parent
domains described in section 3.8 of [RFC4871] in which a signer uses
"i=" to assert that a parent domain is signing for a subdomain.

That's not fine, since we've just gone around and agreed that the
signing identity is d=.  leave this paragraph out.

I'm not sure what you think we have agreed, but the current (-09) ADSP
specification has an informative note pointing out incompatibility of
that version of ADSP with "valid DKIM usage" that isn't explicitly
mentioned in RFC 4871.

Right, I wrote that note to point out fundamental breakage in the -09
version of ADSP.

Since RFC 4871 does, explicitly, mention this
mode of usage of DKIM we really do need this informative note.

This strikes me as gratuitously confusing, but I don't care enough to
argue about it.

R's,
John