Re: [ietf-dkim] ADSP Informative Note on parent domain signing

2009-04-13 13:40:21

On Apr 13, 2009, at 10:22 AM, Hector Santos wrote:

You lost me here. I don't see the different between the two above
examples as far as 4871 and ADSP is concern.  Specifically 4871 only
cares for the right hand side of i=.

example:

   i= string1 @ string2

we only care for string2 being compliant with d=.

Why do we care about string1 in 4871 and ADSP?  Are you talking
about something above and beyond 4871 and ADSP?

Parent domain signing is about sub-domains within the i= value that
are below the d= value.  This is not about the left-hand value.

-Doug