Re: [ietf-dkim] ADSP Informative Note on parent domain signing

2009-04-22 13:16:12

On Apr 21, 2009, at 6:41 PM, Jim Fenton wrote:

Barry Leiba wrote:
This discussion seems to have settled down, but I don't see a clear
consensus on it.  Let's take a little poll, then, on this thread.  No
further discussion, for now, just the poll, and please don't assume
that silence means anything.

Post to this thread, one of the following:

"Include the informative note."
"Do not include the informative note."
"I don't care [or I have no opinion] either way."

Just to clarify the version of the Informative Note that I believe is
"in play" at this point, it should be the one that's based on Ellen
Siegel's wording:

Informative Note:  DKIM signatures by parent domains as described in
section 3.8 of [RFC4871] (in which a signer uses "i=" to assert that
it is signing for a subdomain) do not satisfy the requirements for
an Author Domain Signature as defined above.

Do not include an incorrect informative note!   The i= value is NOT
part of ADSP evaluation and therefore plays NO role with respect to
ADSP compliance.

A signer is free to assert whatever they wish with the i= value that
is within the signing domain.  The only limitation is the Author
Domain and the Signing Domain must be the same.  Do NOT refer to this
requirement as having anything to do with the i= value.

-Doug