Re: [ietf-dkim] list expanders (was Re: chained signatures, was l= summary)

2009-06-16 18:10:21
Hi Charles,
At 06:24 16-06-2009, Charles Lindsey wrote:
Actually, ignoring the embarassing issue of how the spam got through this
list's defences, and concentrating on the evidence left behind in the
headers, one can note that many things were actually done right.

There were similar messages (not the same author) to other mailing lists.

+5 His signature covered the customary "important" headers from the
original message (Date:To:From:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Subject:Reply-To)
(not sure that MIME-Version is really "important", though).

If there are any rendering flaws at the receiving end, it might
become important.

-7. His signature did NOT cover the A-R he had added (so we have to assume
that it was not an artefact by the spammer, although it most certainly
SHOULD have been removed if it was). So we may well "believe" the list
manager had put it there, but it would be nicer to have had some proof.

At a guess, I'd say that the list manager did not put that header there.

Regards,
-sm