Re: [ietf-dkim] Escaping things in key/ADSP records

2009-08-02 21:39:53

On Jul 31, 2009, at 2:02 PM, Steve Atkins wrote:

(This may be a duplicate, I have too many email addresses)

On Jul 31, 2009, at 12:08 PM, Scott Kitterman wrote:

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 10:19:43 -0400 Tony Hansen <tony(_at_)att(_dot_)com>
wrote:
I'm wondering if there is a need for a web interface at dkim.org
that
would validate someone's _domainkey TXT record.

I'd say yes.  It would provide a good way to isolate record
specific issues
from other potential problems people are having error sources when
troubleshooting.

I have some perl code that does some validation for internal use; it'd
be fairly easy to turn it into a webapp.

http://dkimcore.org/tools/dkimrecordcheck.html

Given a selector and a domain it'll slurp the record from DNS.

Then it parses it, using the BNF from the spec (<rhetorical>why, oh,
why do we support FWS in a DNS record?</rhetorical>) and then
sanity checks the various fields and gives a good / bad message.

If anyone has good (or known bad) records that it gets wrong I'm
interested to hear about it.

Cheers,
   Steve