Re: [ietf-dkim] Escaping things in key/ADSP records

2009-08-03 14:11:30
On 08/03/2009 09:13 AM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org [mailto:ietf-dkim-
bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Steve Atkins
Sent: Sunday, August 02, 2009 6:34 PM
To: DKIM WG
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] Escaping things in key/ADSP records

[...]

Nice work!  However:

If anyone has good (or known bad) records that it gets wrong I'm
interested to hear about it.

It reports the contents of medusa3._domainkey.blackops.org as invalid which
is not correct.  That record contains an "r=" and an "rs=" tag, both of which
are defined by active I-Ds.  Those tags may be unknown to RFC4871, but that
specification says such should merely be ignored; they don't render the
record invalid.

An active I-D does not a standard make ;-)

But yeah, it should probably just tag them as unknown/ignored-by-4871 rather
than an error.

Mike