Re: [ietf-dkim] gathering data (was: Re: DKIM charter update proposal)

2009-10-05 07:39:25
Huh?

My point was to simply ask does dkim help (directly or indirectly) to solve any
problem related to SPAM? Where is the pudding and where is the proof?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Farrell" <stephen(_dot_)farrell(_at_)cs(_dot_)tcd(_dot_)ie>
To: "Franck Martin" <franck(_at_)genius(_dot_)com>
Cc: barryleiba(_at_)computer(_dot_)org, "IETF DKIM WG"
<ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org>
Sent: Monday, 5 October, 2009 9:36:38 PM GMT +12:00 Fiji
Subject: gathering data (was: Re: [ietf-dkim] DKIM charter update proposal)

Franck,

Franck Martin wrote:
Seems to me something is missing: gather data to establish if DKIM
specifications have in any way alleviated any misuse of the email system, in
particular but not limited to spam, phishing attacks and fraud.

If you want to propose some specific work items for the WG
then please do so as proposed charter text.

However, I've not really seen much interest or energy for
such work so if you're suggesting something, would it be
safe to assume you're willing to work on it yourself? In
that case, submitting a draft-martin-dkim-foo I-D would
be a good place to start so's we'd have an idea of what
kind of gathering you envisage.

Stephen.