Re: [ietf-dkim] gathering data

2009-10-05 08:31:31
I'm cool to do work, but I'm not sure which one.... beside I don't think I have
access to any data that would be usable.

I just had the feeling, seeing all the presentations, blogs ,etc... about DKIM
that we have forgotten why it was created on the first instance, and I just
wanted to put it back there where it belongs.

Like now each RFC must have a security consideration chapter, should email(and
other messaging) related RFCs have a spam consideration chapter?

So as for the workgroup charter, it seemed all for refining the DKIM specs,
forgetting the original goal, but then I also realize the goal of reducing spam
was skilfully removed from the original charter (yeah, I should read the past
charters first ;) )

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Farrell" <stephen(_dot_)farrell(_at_)cs(_dot_)tcd(_dot_)ie>
To: "Franck Martin" <franck(_at_)genius(_dot_)com>
Cc: barryleiba(_at_)computer(_dot_)org, "IETF DKIM WG"
<ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org>
Sent: Tuesday, 6 October, 2009 12:07:25 AM GMT +12:00 Fiji
Subject: Re: gathering data

Franck Martin wrote:
Huh?

My point was to simply ask does dkim help (directly or indirectly) to solve
any problem related to SPAM? Where is the pudding and where is the proof?

A fine question, but the thread Barry started is discussing the proposed
WG charter modification, so for now, I'm just trying to understand if
you're proposing something for that, (and if so, if you're volunteering
to do work:-)

If your question is unrelated to the charter discussion, that's fine
too.

Cheers,
S.