Re: [ietf-dkim] Broken signatures, was Why mailing lists should strip them

2010-04-30 01:52:35
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org [mailto:ietf-dkim-
bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Alessandro Vesely
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 10:55 PM
To: ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
should strip them

Yet, it would seem that by, say, hashing just invariants of binary
representations of the first entity, e.g. discarding its white space
and punctuation, one may reach very high percentages of unbroken
retransmission.

This sounds like what DomainKeys (RFC4870) called "nofws" canonicalization,
which was discarded in favour of what is now "relaxed" in DKIM.  I don't
specifically recall the reasons now but I'm sure they're in the archives if
someone else cares to dig that far back.