Re: [ietf-dkim] Case for ADSP "dkim=except-mlist"

2010-06-25 10:38:14

On 10/16/2009 3:33 PM, Michael Deutschmann wrote:
I'd like to more emphatically state the case for adding a
"dkim=except-mlist" policy to ADSP.  It will soon become a practical
issue for me, since my mailserver software (Exim) is going to support
DKIM in its next version.

Simple question:  why?

THe hard part is that I'll ask you to describe the end-to-end scenario that
requires this and has Internet scale utility and to do this using no technical
language.

Remember that DKIM's job is to pass an ID that can be used for reputation.  It
isn't it's job to 'certify' the validity of message content.

d/

--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking