Re: [ietf-dkim] New Version Notification for draft-levine-dbr-00(fwd)

2010-06-28 06:28:15

--On 26 June 2010 01:58:42 +0000 John Levine <johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com> wrote:

+1.  OpenDKIM actually implements a reject (55x error) with the
intent of giving the sender/victim an opportunity to detect a
problem, an idea for which there is some obvious demand, though I
imagine we should make that configurable and maybe even default it to
an actual accept-but-throw-away form of "discard".

That seems reasonable to me, but keep in mind that's the exact behavior
that got people bounced off an IETF list when an unrelated domain marked
its users' mail as discardable.

Yes, in light of the MLM problem, the best thing to do is to 5xx messages
which don't appear to be from mailing lists, but to discard (silently or
otherwise) those that do.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex