Re: [ietf-dkim] New Version Notification for draft-levine-dbr-00(fwd)

2010-06-28 06:32:22

--On 25 June 2010 16:21:00 -0400 "John R. Levine" <johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com>
wrote:

I don't recollect you proposing wording that included "silently" so it
isn't even possible for a person going back and look at the discussions
to know what you meant.

We are therefore left with what you wrote and which the working group
came to a consensus on.

Whatever.  I find it hard to see how anyone could interpret the RFC and
the discussion leading up to it as a hidden consensus to send spam every
time a receiver saw "dkim=discardable", but I'm clearly not going to
persuade you otherwise.

It's nothing of the sort. The question isn't whether one SHOULD notify the
recipient, but whether one MAY do so.

R's,
John

Ian Eiloart