Re: [ietf-dkim] Mailing list reality check

2010-08-04 12:06:07
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org [mailto:ietf-dkim-
bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of John Levine
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2010 9:51 AM
To: ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org

I'd like to back up a minute and try to understand better what (if any)
problem we're trying to solve here.  So here is a straw poll.

Assuming you do any sorting of inbound mail at all, how do you treat
mail from lists to which you have subscribed?

A) Use the From: address (or something that identifies the contributor)
as the primary sort criterion

B) Use the List-ID: (or something that identifies the list) as the
primiary sort criterion

C) Something else

It is my impression that everyone does B, but maybe I'm wrong.

I use Outlook at work whose filtering interface keys off the contents of
To:/Cc:.  So I'm in the (C) camp for your poll.