Re: [ietf-dkim] draft-ietf-dkim-mailinglists-02 review

2010-09-01 16:53:31
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org [mailto:ietf-dkim-
bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Steve Atkins
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2010 1:47 PM
To: DKIM List

If your goal is to have MLM developers rewrite their perfectly working
code to work around the fundamental flaws in ADSP - a protocol nobody
other than bulk mailers is interested in, and which in any even
marginally sane deployment would never interact with mailing lists at
all - I think you're going to be disappointed.

Setting aside ADSP for a second, I think there are still some people that would
like to see MLMs preserve author signatures for the purposes of reputation
evaluation.

... rather than hoping MLM software developers will remove all the
features they offer that might break a DKIM signature.

Maybe we should let the MLM developers, some of whom are here (or were, maybe
they've been scared off) comment?