Re: [ietf-dkim] (OT) Forwarding, was draft-ietf-dkim-mailinglists-02 review

2010-09-02 13:37:51
On 02/Sep/10 20:01, Steve Atkins wrote:
On Sep 2, 2010, at 10:39 AM, Alessandro Vesely wrote:
 May I also ask how does the admin specify that forward-path?

A set of forwarding rules, ranging from very specific ("Any email
sent To _this_ address, From _this_ address forward to this other
address") to quite general ("If any URL in the body of the inbound
mail resolved to an IP address in any of these ranges, forward it
on to the associated email addresses"). The admin might be able to
produce a list of all the possible recipients, but is likely to
have no idea where any given inbound email will go in some cases.

That must be an interesting "recipe" syntax!

  Have you considered SMTP-AUTH as a whitelisting means?

smtp auth isn't really useful for anything other than submission, I
don't think. It's not a good match here, certainly, not least
because the outbound email is store and forward.

It would let the sender know it is whitelisted, though.  Anyway, the
only non-submission use I've seen is the bot in
http://service.dkim-reputation.org/

Thanks for your answers