Re: [ietf-dkim] draft-ietf-dkim-mailinglists-02 review

2010-09-08 20:10:07
John R. Levine wrote:
Maybe we should let the MLM developers, some of whom are here (or were,

I don't currently do anything about ADSP. Unless a lot more people use it
than I expect, I probably won't.

It has to begin somewhere John.  If you added supports, I feel real
good that others will follow - especially me. Once begins with catch
on with software, I feel pretty certain more domains will begin to use it.

Seriously, there is nothing more powerful when the creator of a
product or idea or method champions his own creation.

So take a chance - add support. Even as an Option (off by default if
you think that is better for you) but given people the ability to
explore it.

Say the word - add POLICY support and I can almost guarantee you there
will be a 2nd MLS product on the market in short order with DKIM and
POLICY support.

We all know the short term will be mostly overhead - we known that a
long time. But it has to state somewhere and if the author of ADSP was
the 1st to support it - wow! I mean WOW that will certainly change
things. And honestly, I don't think it will affect any of the
reputation and 3rd party vouching stuff.  In fact, I think it can even
help that market even more. Maybe all it will take is a LDSP (List
Domain Signing Practice) protocol to augment ADSP. I see it. Maybe you
can to.

Please give us a reason to add DKIM support - I really don't like the
unknown verifiers out there playing a GUESSING games with DKIM signed
mail.

--
Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com