Re: [ietf-dkim] draft-ietf-dkim-mailinglists-02 review

2010-09-02 13:50:50
-----Original Message-----
From: Alessandro Vesely [mailto:vesely(_at_)tana(_dot_)it]
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2010 11:12 AM
To: Murray S. Kucherawy
Cc: ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org

If this message were replayed to all mailboxes in the world, the
number of complaints might be overwhelming; the more successful spam
reporting, the more scaring this possibility.  And if anyone uses that
for tracking domain reputation, it might drop below small integer
ranges.  In such scenario, one may consider it safer to only sign mail
destined to trusted recipients.

Isn't reputation specifically out of scope though?

I don't see that this is an issue this WG can address, unless we want to tackle
the issue of doing something DKIM-like at the connection level.