Re: [ietf-dkim] Key rotation

2010-09-09 12:41:23
Mark Delany wrote:
I believe the general thrust is that DKIM keys are ephemeral
so no one should rely on there long-term presence. [...]

With each key there is an associated selector:domain pair,
so with a key rotation comes the change of a selector.
Such a purpose of a selector is clearly documented in the
DKIM rfc.

Rumor has is that some large players (such as Yahoo!) are
disregarding such ephemeral property of a selector and
are trying to associate a reputation scheme based on both
the domain *and* the selector. If such approach catches up,
it would mean the end of a free choice of domains to roll up
new signing keys periodically.

Are my worries warranted? Is there anything than can be
done about it to prevent such practice?

  Mark