Re: [ietf-dkim] Updated implementation report

2010-10-01 09:38:11
On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 5:22 PM, Hector Santos <hsantos(_at_)isdg(_dot_)net>
wrote:
Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
I've posted a new issue of the DKIM implementation report.  The most
interesting changes are the inclusion of a day of sample data from AOL and a
revision of the data summary reported by the OpenDKIM stats project using
the updated schema, which allows a few interesting new observations.

Thanks for the report.

I believe the most outstanding data point here is the extremely high
original signing of mail.  AOL's 1.2 out of 1.4 billion or 86%
signatures were 1st party and your own statistics showed 73% were 1st
party.

This validates what I have always been felt is the high promise for
DKIM exclusive (1st party or passive 3rd party) operations.  Policy is
inevitable to facilitate policy (domain expectation) fault detection.

Yet 55.8% of the keys were tagged as being in test mode. I also
suspect that many implementations don't offer any alternative than 1st
party. I believe this is true for IronPorts. It be interesting to see
a MTA breakdown in respect to 1st and 3rd party signatures.

--
Jeff Macdonald
Ayer, MA