Re: [ietf-dkim] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871bis-01.txt

2010-10-01 12:13:49

On 9/27/2010 8:15 PM, John R. Levine wrote:
In the informative note at the end of sec 3.1, suggest untangling the last two
sentences to :

For this reason signers SHOULD NOT reuse selectors with new keys, and
SHOULD assign a new selector to each new signing key.

In other words, you want the Informative note to become Normative.

Does the additional normative language make the protocol work better or add a
protocol feature?  I tend to expect one of those benefits from normative text.

We need to be careful to limit the use of normative language to assertions that
really make the protocol work.  Does this really rise to that level?

d/
--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking