Re: [ietf-dkim] ISSUE: 4871bis - Security Loop hole with Multiple 5322.From

2010-10-05 12:50:32
Please don't CC me.  I'm subscribed to the list.

Hector Santos wrote:

Julian Mehnle wrote:

The trick is to list From twice in h=.  This ensures more From headers
cannot be added without breaking the signature.

Julian, this was explored and it does not matter.  You can add N
number of h=from: and N+1 is all that is needed in the security hole.

I don't get what you're saying.

I interpret RFC 4871, section 5.4 (actually, exactly the part you quoted
originally), such that signing a message that has a dingle From field
with h=From:From ensures that adding another From field will break the
signature.  If you're saying there is a way to add a second From field a
message thusly signed without breaking the signature, could you please
explain to me how?

-Julian